Victor Antonio Castaneda
- Medical image analysis
- Sensor prototyping and development
- "Real-time 3D Model Estimation of Operation Field from a Monocular Camera"
- Statistics Physic Assistant Professor, Autumn Term 2001 at Physic Sciences and Mathematics Faculty, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- Physic Introduction Assistant Professor, Spring 2001 and Autumn 2002 Terms, at Physic Sciences and Mathematics Faculty, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- Laboratory Electronic Assistant at the Integrated Laboratories of Engineer (MECESUP Project) 2003 and 2004, at Physic Sciences and Mathematics Faculty, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- Engineer School, Physic Sciences and Mathematics Faculty, Universidad de Chile, Santiago de Chile (1999 - 2005).
- March 2005: Degree of Electrical Engineering with Summa cum Laude, Universidad de Chile.
- Diploma of "Computer Network Fundaments", Universidad de Chile, 2005.
- Diploma of "IP Telephony", Universidad de Chile, 2006.
- January/2002: Professional Practice I, performed during January 2002 as Car Driver Assistant at Autosummit a Ford Company concessionaire, Santiago, Chile.
- January/2003:Professional Practice II, performed during January 2003 as Practice Student developing an automatic system of selection based in fuzzy logic and assistant for maintenance technicians at Telefónica Móvil S.A., Santiago, Chile.
- January/2004: Professional Practice III, performed during January 2004 as Practice Student developing a wireless system of dynamic communication between three equipments with an automatic incorporation, working as Design Engineering at Conecta Ingeniería, Santiago, Chile.
- March - July/2005: Design and construction of a program for the automatic detection of pornographic images by processing digital images. This work was performed with educational purposes at Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- August/2005 - September/2006: Test of Internet equipment, such as switches, routers and others. Product and solutions developing in Telephony IP and IP system, working as Project Engineering at Telmex Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- September/2006 - June/2008 Engineer of Project FONDEF D04I-1256 "Biometry for Security by Video System: Detection, Tracking, Identification and Behavior Determination"
- "Characterizing Objectionable Image Content (Pornography and Nude Images) of specific Web Segments: Chile as a case study", J. Ruiz-del-Solar, V.Castañeda, R. Verschae, R. Baeza-Yates, and F. Ortiz. Department of Electrical Engineering, Universidad de Chile; Center for Web Research, Department of Computer Science, Universidad de Chile. Published in Latin American Web Congress 2005. Download
- "Automatic Detection of Nude and Pornographic Images", Victor Castañeda, Rodolfo Hurtado and Javier Ruiz del Solar. Department of Electrical Engineering, Universidad de Chile (in progress).
||V. Castaneda, D. Mateus, N. Navab
IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Barcelona, Spain, November 2011.
||A. Safi, M. Baust, O. Pauly, V. Castaneda, T. Lasser, D. Mateus, N. Navab, R. Hein, M. Ziai
Computer-Aided Diagnosis of Pigmented Skin Dermoscopic Images
MICCAI Workshop on Medical Content-based Retrieval for Clinical Decision Support, Toronto, Canada, September 2011
||A. Safi, V. Castaneda, T. Lasser, D. Mateus, N. Navab
Manifold Learning for Dimensionality Reduction and Clustering of Skin Spectroscopy Data
Proceedings of SPIE (2011)
||V. Castaneda, D. Mateus, N. Navab
SLAM combining ToF and High-Resolution cameras
IEEE Workshop on Motion and Video Computing, Winter Vision Meetings, Hawaii, January 2011
||A. Safi, V. Castaneda, T. Lasser, N. Navab
Skin Lesions Classification with Optical Spectroscopy
5th International Workshop on Medical Imaging and Augmented Reality, Sep 2010, Beijing
||L. Schwarz, D. Mateus, V. Castaneda, N. Navab
Manifold Learning for ToF-based Human Body Tracking and Activity Recognition
British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, August 2010
||V. Castaneda, S. Atasoy, D. Mateus, N. Navab, A. Meining
Reconstructing the Esophagus Surface from Endoscopic Image Sequences
5th Russian-Bavarian Conference on Bio-Medical Engineering, Munich, Germany, July 1-4 2009.
This paper describes a novel method to acquire depth images based on combining a pair of ToF (Time of Flight) cameras. As opposed to approaches that register point clouds posterior to the image acquisition, we propose to combine the measurements of the two cameras at the acquisition level. To do so, we actively control the infrared lighting of the scene such that the two cameras emit and measure the reflected infrared light first one after the other, and then simultaneously. Assuming the scene is static during these three stages and gathering the obtained depth measurements in each state, we derive a set of constraints that allow us to optimize the two depth images. In terms of hardware requirements, the cameras need to have access to the control of the infrared lights and should work with the same infrared wavelength and with exactly the same modulation frequency. A quantitative evaluation of the performance of the proposed method for different objects and setups is provided based on a simulation of the ToF cameras. Results on real images are also provided. In both simulation and real images the stereo-ToF acquisition is able to produce more accurate depth measurements.
The diagnosis and surveillance of several gastrointestinal (GI) diseases such as colateral or oesaphageal cancer are performed under endoscopic guidance. However, currently there exists no computer aided navigation tool to support these procedures. The goal of this project is to provide an advanced visualisation and automatic recognition tool in order to support the navigation and targeting in GI endoscopic procedures. The aim of the project is twofold: reconstructing the organ surface from endoscopic videos using monoSLAM and automatically recognising the biopsy locations to support the navigation and targeting in endoscopy.
Coffee Consumption Histogram
|4 ||2 ||5 ||1 ||38 ||93 ||16 ||7 ||2 |
|Victor Castaneda Coffee Consumption Table|
| UsersForm |
| Title: || Dr. |
| Firstname: || Victor |
| Middlename: || Antonio |
| Lastname: || Castaneda |
| Picture: || |
| Birthday: || 29.08.1980 |
| Nationality: || Chile |
| Languages: || English, German, Spanish |
| Groups: || |
| Expertise: || Segmentation, Medical Imaging, Computer Vision |
| Position: || Scientific Staff |
| Status: || Alumni |
| Emailbefore: || castaned |
| Emailafter: || in.tum.de |
| Room: || MI 03.13.035 |
| Telephone: || +49 89 289 19435 |
| Alumniactivity: || Post-Doc at Scientific Image Analysis Lab., Universidad de Chile |
| Defensedate: || 27 March 2012 |
| Thesistitle: || Constructive Interference for Multi-view Time-of-Flight Aquisition |
| Alumnihomepage: || |
| Personalvideo01: || |
| Personalvideotext01: || |
| Personalvideopreview01: || |
| Personalvideo02: || |
| Personalvideotext02: || |
| Personalvideopreview02: || |